TRAVEL DIARY | Lake Tahoe and Reno, NV! (+ A Video!)

I am so happy to finally be sharing this trip with you! A few weeks ago, I went on this amazing trip with a few of my close friends. I was able to spend time in Lake Tahoe and Reno, two places I had never been before! This trip was such a dream, I hope you enjoy this post!
 

Before I move on to pictures, I just want to share the video I made with you guys! Every new video I make, I enjoy it more and I learn more. This is probably my favorite video so far, I think I did a really good job of capturing the dreamy quality of the trip. It would mean a lot to me if you would watch this video, maybe give it a like or a comment, etc. I am still learning and I am very open to constructive criticism. Okay, moving on to pictures!



I spent the first half of the week in Lake Tahoe with two of my childhood best friends. We stayed in a beautiful resort and went to a bunch of amazing beaches. My favorite beach by far was Sand Harbor. This was the only beach we went to where people were actually in swimsuits and in the water. Every other beach was filled with fully clothed tourists! The water was freezing because it was June, but the sun was warm and we all got badly sunburned. The other aspect of Sand Harbor that is incredible is if you follow the trail away from the beach, you come to this beautiful area with rocks and lower water levels, like I show in the title picture and youtube thumbnail. It was like something out of a movie! In my opinion, Sand Harbor is the best beach in Tahoe, and it's on the Nevada side, which I am extremely partial to, being from Nevada.

The second half of the trip, I was able to spend time in Reno with one of my best friends from high school, Hannah. She lives and goes to school in Reno with her boyfriend, who is also a friend from high school. We spent a lot of time in Midtown, which is this cool little area of town that they're trying to make really hip for young people. There were really cool thrift stores, wall art (my fave!!), and the best part, amazing places to eat! We ate at this place called SUP, where I got an amazing hummus platter and broccoli cheddar soup. Life. Changing.!! I need to go visit Reno again, just for the soup.


Another thing we did in Reno was walk through the University of Nevada campus. That was cool for me, because UNR was my second choice for school and I almost ended up going there. It was interesting to see what could have been! I was so glad to get to spend so much time with Hannah. I think my favorite part of my time with her was our High School Musical marathon. Those are our favorite movies and we can quote basically every line! While I was with Hannah, we also made a video on her channel. We used to make videos on her channel all the time in high school, so this was such a fun little throwback and I'll post it below.


This trip was planned very last minute and ended up being a complete blast. I hope you enjoyed these pictures and stories from my trip, I know I loved looking back on the memories. Again, it would mean so much to me if you could watch the first video I posted up above, the Travel Diary I made. Also make sure to check out my video with Hannah, directly above. 

What trips do you have planned this summer? Have you ever visited Reno or Lake Tahoe? Let me know in the comments below! I am always open to questions and constructive criticism.  

Thanks for reading!

-Rebecca

Comments

  1. Lake Tahoe looks like so much fun! I would love to visit one day. And thanks for such sweet words on my last post. If you ever want to chat more about blogger burnout don't hesitate to email me =)

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole thing looks straight out of a story book…Traveling also change my life. Spain this is the one destination my family returns to year after year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment