How to have a Great Spring Break at Home!

Spring Break is coming up and as much as I know we all want to jet off to the Caribbean, sometimes (often) that is just not an option! I had my Spring Break this past week and I had my dreams of laying on the beach in California, but I really ended up laying on my parents' couch. I had my share of lazy afternoons, but I also made sure to get out and make the most of it!

For my FIRST tutorial on this blog, I am going to share some fun and inexpensive ways to make the most out of spending your Spring Break at home. I don't know if this really counts as a "tutorial" but I don't know what else I would call it... so we're going to stick with "tutorial" for now! Now without further ado, let's get Spring Breakin'!



1) Find a Festival or Carnival near you!

It's Festival Season! There are so many festivals or carnivals during this pretty time of year and we need to take advantage of it. The great thing about these events is they're often inexpensive or even free. You can never go wrong with a salted pretzel, caramel apple, or some shaved ice! Embrace going alone or make it a date! I went to a local St. Patrick's Day Festival with my mom and we shared a bunch of yummy food and shopped around a little bit. Festivals are some of my favorite events EVER, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.



2) Get in the water!

Let's be honest, everyone wants a chance to show off their new bathing suit and lounge in the sun during Spring Break, but we can't all afford a tropical vacation! Good news is, everyone has some type of water near them. Whether it's a lake, the beach, a creek, even a pool, getting into the water is a must for Spring Break. The beginning of my Spring Break was actually pretty chilly and stormy. I went to go cliff jumping (which is SUCH a rush!) but I wore a hoodie and didn't dare get into the water, so that's why this picture has such a bleak vibe. The lake was still a pretty blue so I didn't regret a thing!



3) Explore the outdoors!

I seem to be on a new hike every weekend and it is so fun! So many of us take for granted the beautiful environment we live in. This Spring Break, make an effort to look up the National Parks near you and venture into the great outdoors. There is so much to do: hiking, which is great for anyone; climbing, which you need a bit more experience and equipment for; and even camping, which can be a fun little getaway! Here's a confession: I love the outdoors, but I hate hiking. It goes along with my extreme dislike of walking. My favorite thing to do outdoors is exert myself with a short hike to a pretty place and then to just relax, enjoy my surroundings, and take some pictures. There's so much to do, you just have to get outside!



 

4) Pamper yourself!

Don't forget that Spring Break is a BREAK! Take some time out of your busy schedule to take a breath and pamper yourself. Pick up that book you've been meaning to read, paint your nails, make a homemade face mask, jam to Taylor Swift...! Do anything that is comforting but productive at the same time. Binge watching Netflix may sound relaxing, but you will feel so much better if you do something to take care of yourself!



 5) Go shopping!

I know, I know... shopping is not really mind blowing! Most of us would probably end up shopping even if it wasn't on the list. Here is my challenge for you. This Spring Break, seek out stores you wouldn't normally shop at or have otherwise looked over. I'm talking about the little thrift store in the same shopping center as your grocery store, the cultural marketplace on the other end of town, and the high end boutique you would never be able to afford. When you shop in places like those, it becomes less of an action and more of an experience.


I hope these ideas sound fun for you! These are all things I actually did on Spring Break and I ended up having a blast! If you are bored out of your mind this Spring Break, try one (or all) of these out. Comment down below if you do!

I have some fun post ideas in the works that I hope will be a hit. Stick around and check back often! Thank you for reading!

-Rebecca

Comments