Spring Favorites + Life Update!


Hey guys! I have gone a long time without posting. My last post was my halloween costumes, so we've been through the holidays, my birthday, a few trips, and a lot more. I'm not very good at posting regularly on here, so if you want to keep updated on my life, you can follow me on instagram. However, I do think about this blog a lot, so I'm hoping to start posting more this summer, once my life settles down a little bit. I'm also thinking this blog needs a major makeover sometime soon, so stay tuned for that!

First, a little life update!


Before I get into my favorites, I want to share a little update on where I'm at with my life. I've been working two jobs for the last few months and it has been exhausting, but I recently put in my two weeks at one of them and am going to start working more hours at my other job. I also am looking at finding a new, more permanent job that fits my lifestyle more than the one I'm currently at. Sorry, work talk is boring, let's move on! I'm moving at the end of the month, out of the house I've been renting a room in for two years and into a studio apartment with my boyfriend, which will be a tight squeeze for a few months until we find another place to move into. I don't want to rush anything with moving, because I want to find a place we both love that we can be happy in for awhile. I have a trip to LA planned in May with some of my close friends, so I'm very excited for that, and I have a few more trips planned throughout the summer that I am excited to vlog and make videos for. Speaking of, I visited Carlsbad, CA a few months ago and vlogged that trip if you wanted to check it out, I'll post a link below. That's pretty much it, as far as my life update goes. The next few months will be filled with work, moving, and traveling. It's going to be busy, but I am very excited!


Now, to move on to my Spring Favorites!


1. First, a little self promo! My vlog of a weekend in Carlsbad, CA


2. This 60's photoshoot I did with one of my good friends, Devin. I'll be posting more pictures on my instagram if you want to check it out. Along with this photoshoot, I've been loving 60s trends in general. I started watching Mad Men and I'm determined to throw a mod themed cocktail party, and I've been loving bell sleeves, retro sunglasses, the huji app, and the "groovy" style font that's been trending.


3. I've been moving away from matte liquid lipsticks and wearing more lipglosses with lip liner. I really like these ones from Elf. The sad part of this favorite is that I have collected about 30 matte liquid lipsticks in the last two years that I will probably never wear again. I think I'm going to do a decluttering post about this, let me know if you'd be interested in that!

4. Thrift shopping. I've been thrifting since I was in middle school at least, and I never really stopped, but I just recently got back into shopping there regularly for clothing and accessories. I have a few cute shirts I got there, as well as a dreamy pair of white boots, several belts, and purses. Thrifting is my favorite way to update my wardrobe while still being on a budget.


5. Iced coffee and bagels with cream cheese. I've been on this kick for the last few months, it's my breakfast of choice and something that makes me feel like I'm ready for the day. I make my own iced coffee in the keurig using this recipe, and it's so easy!

6. Here's some music I've been listening to on spotify. I've still been loving Taylor Swift's Reputation, and newly, her cover of September. September is a special month in my relationship, so it really tugs the heart strings. Other than Taylor Swift though, I've been loving Yellow and basically everything else by Amine, I Hate Love Songs by Kelsea Ballerini, Vance Joy, and Rex Orange County. Check out my spring playlist for everything I've been listening to this season.


7. Warm tones over cool tones. This is a weird one, but I've always considered myself a very cool toned person. My instagram theme has been cool toned for a few years now, I preferred to wear blues and purples over pinks and yellows, etc. Recently though, I've been embracing the warmer months and letting that carry over into my instagram theme and wardrobe.

8. Skin care and more natural makeup looks. I love this glass skin/"no makeup" makeup tutorial by Mariah Leonard and have been recreating it in my daily routine. I've also been putting more effort into daily skin care and going without makeup more often. I've only been doing this specific routine for a few weeks and I've already seen results, so once I've been doing it a little longer, I want to share it on here.

9. The A Color Story photo editing app by A Beautiful Mess, and specifically, the Golden +pack by Elsie Larson. I've followed the blog since I learned what blogging was, and I've been using this app to edit my photos exclusively for about two years now. I like it so much more than VSCO and Afterlight! I also have my eye on their new app, A Design Kit, for video and blog thumbnails.


Those are all my favorites for now, I hope you enjoyed and got a little bit of inspiration for the upcoming spring and summer months. I want to say this is my favorite time of year, but honestly, I love fall and winter just as much, in different ways. Spring snow, however, is something I'm not as fond of, so hopefully my town's weather will get over that soon.

What is your favorite season? Do you have any fun trips planned for this summer? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

-Rebecca


// Select photography by Christine St. Clair //

Comments

  1. This name generator gives you 10 names that are generally suitable for drow races from the Dungeons & Dragons universe

    Drow Names Guide

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment