BOOK REVIEW | My Opinion on Style by Lauren Conrad!


Okay, so this is a post that I'm very on the fence about. On one hand, I want to share my opinion on this book, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if a book review really fits into the vibe of this blog. I decided to start with a book that meshes well with this blog to kind of just get the feel of a post like this.

Today I'm reviewing one of my favorite books, Style by Lauren Conrad. First of all, can we talk about how amazing Lauren Conrad is?! She's seriously one of my biggest inspirations. From The Hills, to her blog, and her clothing line, I love everything she does. Especially her books! I own all three of her lifestyle books: Style, Beauty, and Celebrate. I'm going to focus on Style in this post, but if I like how this post turns out, I might also review Beauty and Celebrate.

Style by Lauren Conrad focuses on (you guessed it!) style. Lauren discusses classic style and personal style. The book is split into three main sections: Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle, where she goes into more detail.

Fashion

In this section, Lauren talks about how to build your wardrobe and discovering your own personal style. This section covers such topics as how to shop and how to accessorize. This is the longest section in the book, because it really does introduce you to the idea of finding your look and embracing it. I love Lauren's classic view on style and her view on originality.

Beauty

This section is like a summary for Lauren Conrad's other book, Beauty. It focuses on classic ways to style your makeup and hair. In the makeup section, we get tips for the perfect daytime look as well as the perfect smokey eye. In hair, we see multiple special occasion styles. Throughout the whole section, Lauren stresses that you need to find styles that work for you and that make you feel beautiful.

Lifestyle

This section gives us outfit ideas and style tips for different occasions, such as work and school. I really love the feel of this section, it's fun and makes you want to pick out a really cool outfit. As always, Lauren does an amazing job of encouraging everyone to take risks and be unique. I particularly like how she talks to younger girls and encourages them to dress how they feel comfortable and to take fashion risks while they're young. I actually first read this book my sophomore year of high school and that really resonated with me.


In general, this book is a great read for anyone who admires classic style. I think if you embrace more of a unique style, you might not enjoy this book as much. However, if you have an interest in fashion and style and want the insight of someone who arguably became something of a style icon, I'm sure you will love this book. It really is a fun and interesting read. It is also the type of book you can sit down and read through in a day. I love this book and I would highly recommend it.


Hope you enjoyed this post. I'm still not sure if I like this type of thing... but let me know! I want to post things that people will enjoy. I felt like this was a little short and I wish it could have a little more content. Maybe if I do review the other books, I'll review both of them in one post so there's more to write about.

Do you like this book review type post? Would you like to see more? Do you want a review on Lauren Conrad's other books? Let me know how you feel in the comments. I'm open to all opinions and criticism! 

Thank you for reading!

-Rebecca

Comments