My Autumn Favorites! Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle...


Before I begin, I want to apologize for my lack of content. It has been so long since I've posted on here! I want to work on improving my content and scheduling for this blog, I really miss posting all the time. With that said, let's move on to today's post!

October is my favorite month and Autumn is my favorite season. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year, October-February, or as I like to call it, HOLIDAY SEASON! First it's Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, New Years, my birthday in January, and finally we end around Valentine's Day. Sometimes I feel like I can stretch holiday season out to March, if Spring Break is early enough! Anyway, with this exciting time of year beginning, I wanted to start it out right by sharing some of the things I've been loving so far this fall. Check them out below!

Fashion


I live in a small town in Southern Utah near the mountains, so it has been perfect fall weather. Some days are warmer, some days are colder, but I've started to be able to get away with wearing boots and sweaters while still wearing shorts sometimes! Here are some fashion staples I've been loving:

  • The maroon sweater (similar) pictured above. It is a chunky knit and loose enough to be worn off the shoulder. It is a loose knit, so it's full of little holes and I'll need to layer it for the winter, but right now it's fine. I got it for $3 at the thrift store, but it is originally from American Eagle.
  • The white knit ruffled sweater pictured below. I fell in love with this sweater at Target and had to purchase it at full price, which I don't love to do. I like how the ruffles add a vintage texture to an already knitted sweater. This is the perfect item to dress up or down.
  • This amazing pair of black thigh high boots. I have been looking for the perfect pair of thigh high boots for so long. I'm tall with long legs, so most boots would barely cover my knee. I found that these had great reviews for a fair price and decided to give them a try. I'm so glad I did! I highly recommend them and I think I'll buy them in tan for spring. 

These are the three new items I've gotten that I love. As far as actual outfits go, I've been loving wearing oversized hoodies and flannels with shorts and my thigh high boots. This will probably be my fall staple outfit until it gets too cold to not wear pants.


Beauty


I love fall makeup, darker lips and eyeshadow are the best. I've been really into monochrome makeup lately, with dusty pinks and maroons at the center of my pallet. I also like to go for purples sometimes. In general, I've been really into actual colors rather than the usual neutral browns. Here's some products I've been using a lot:


Lately, I've been really liking wearing eyeshadow with no eyeliner, which I never used to like. I have a bit of a hooded eye, so it makes the whole look so much easier. Let me know if you would like a hooded eyelids tutorial or makeup looks in general!


Lifestyle


This is going to be the biggest section, because I'm going to include a wide array of things such as books, music, food, etc. There is a big lifestyle change from summer to fall, and I have a lot to show for it.

  • Books: I've been really into young adult books again, which is funny because I haven't read them since high school! But I read Once and For All by Sarah Dessen which was amazing, and John Green's new book, Turtles All the Way Down, comes out on the 10th and I'll definitely be reading that. Another book I've been reading for a few weeks is A Lover's Discourse by Roland Barthes, which is a nonfiction collection of all these references and discussions about the meaning of love. It's an interesting read and I have underlined a lot.
  • Music: There are a few playlists that I've been listening to a lot on Spotify. The first is Songs Taylor Loves, which is a playlist Taylor Swift curated of her favorite songs. Along with that, is both of the new Taylor Swift songs and the whole album that comes out November 10th. I know it's not out yet, but I already know that's all I'll be listening to. I've also been listening to Sweater Weather by Kalyn Nicholson. I've been watching her youtube videos a lot lately, and she has an awesome taste in music. If you also want to listen to some of my favorites right now, here's my personal autumn playlist. It's not as perfectly curated, but it is an honest collection of my favorite songs to listen to.
  • Food: I don't know what it is about this fall weather, but I've been really into soup lately, when I'm usually not a fan of soup. I'm a poor college student, so my favorite cheap soups are canned chicken noodle and vegetarian vegetable as well as the Idahoan Premium Steakhouse potato soups. I recently had the broccoli cheddar, which is my favorite soup of all time, and this cheap microwavable version did not disappoint. I've also been craving a lot of grilled cheeses. If I'm going for a cheap grilled cheese, I'll just make it with normal cheddar, but I'll cut it into small squares and eat it like croutons in my soup. LIFE. CHANGING. If I'm going for a more hardy grilled cheese, my new obsession is green apple, peppered bacon, provolone, and cheddar on potato bread. If you're feeling fancy, you could even use a panini press or a george foreman so it feels like restaurant style. As far as sweets go, the soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from grocery stores are always a staple, and I've been really liking coffee lately. I've never liked it, but I drink it with my boyfriend in the morning sometimes and it's so comforting. My go to Starbucks order in the fall is a salted caramel frap, with coffee or without, depending on my mood.
  • Planning: I'm obsessed with planning and to do lists, especially with things getting so busy. For planning, I've been loving the app, Google Keep. It's like a collection of all these little post its that can be color coded. I love it, because I'm obsessed with lists and I always have my phone on me.
  • Bloggers/Youtubers/Celebrities: I've been loving Kalyn Nicholson lately, her content is amazing, but still relatable because she's not a hugely famous youtuber yet. She makes great videos, has a great instagram theme, and has great spotify playlists as I mentioned earlier. Some other people I've been loving are Tess Christine, Mariah Leonard, Kallie Kaiser, Amber Fillerup, and Dove Cameron.


Okay, so there are some of my favorites for this season. I linked everything, and hopefully some of this will give you some inspiration. Like I said, this is my favorite time of year and it gets super busy, but I'll be trying my best to get some good content up. Let me know what you would like to see!

What are some of your favorites this autumn? What are your favorite things about this time of year in general? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

Rebecca


Fall Leaf pictures taken by my good friend, Christine St. Clair.

Comments