Simple and Fun Fourth of July Inspired Makeup Look!


Another Fourth of July post! This one I am very excited about. I am far from a makeup artist, but I have always loved doing makeup. This is the first time I've ever shared a makeup tutorial or even posted pictures of my makeup online! Try not to take this tutorial too seriously and more as inspiration, because like I said I am not an expert.

I started by doing my daily makeup routine, which is basically foundation, contour, blush/bronzer, and eyebrows. You can find out all of the makeup products I use in my blog post The Best Drugstore Makeup Products.

For my highlight, I used Covergirl Bombshell Shineshadow in Ice Queen. Confession... this is actually my first time doing an intense highlight. I use the more natural highlight that came with my contour pallet on a daily basis. I'm not sure if I like how the highlight turned out in real life, but in pictures I'm pretty obsessed!


For my eyes I wanted to do a dramatic blue liner. Blue liner is in style right now anyway, and what better time to try it out than the Fourth of July! I found this metallic blue pencil liner on clearance which was even better! It's the NYC City Proof 24 Hour Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Sky High. To make this look a little easier, I would recommend a liquid liner, I've heard NYX has good colored liquid liners. I did a dramatic winged liner in blue and then blended a light shimmery taupe eyeshadow into the crease to add dimension. Finish the look up with your favorite mascara, maybe even add some falsies for extra drama!


For some added patriotism, go ahead and go for a bright red lip! What other day can you be this dramatic and get away with it? I used Burt's Bees new lipstick in Scarlet Soaked. I really love this lipstick because Burt's Bees is an amazing company and this lipstick is moisturizing and such a pretty color. But feel free to use your favorite red lip color!


I always finish my makeup looks by using a setting spray. It brings my whole look together and makes all the different powders look more natural. I use Elf's setting spray but I've been thinking about trying the Pixi setting spray. Has anyone else tried it? Any opinions?


And here we have the finished look! It's a very fun look and it's not hard to do at all! I hope you enjoyed this post and get some inspiration from it.

If you try this look out make sure to connect with me and send a picture! My instagram is on the right side of my blog if you want to tag me in it!

I hope you've enjoyed these Fourth of July themed posts. There should be one more next week, which will be pictures from actual Fourth of July. I'm going to a big party and making a few food platters that I want to share on here. Stay tuned for that!

Thanks for reading!

-Rebecca

Comments